Syktyvkar, Russia

Terry and I spent a couple of months in my home town in 2012. Syktyvkar is located in the north European part of Russia. It has about 250,000 people living there. 

The house I grew up in

I lived in this house until the age of 22 when I immigrated to the USA. Now it is kind of hard to imagine that I have never moved in my life while in Russia because I moved so many times in America.

Most of the people in the Russian cities live in the block apartment buildings. 



My backyard

Around the city

There are millions of birch trees in Syktyvkar and Russia. 


Terry thought that there are more pigeons in Syktyvkar than in New York City. 








Komi Republic State Opera and Ballet Theater
WWII Memorial
Syktyvkar Church of Christ





Train Station
Newly built supermarket

aerial view of Syktyvkar

Babushkas - entrepreneurs selling seeds on the side of the road
Police car

American tourists in town